Join Our Team.
Minimum qualifications for employment with the Youngsville Police Department:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must conform to and abide by laws of the United States, the State of Louisiana and any subdivisions thereof
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving history
- Must have: A – No Felonies B – No misdemeanor charges that would prohibit you from carrying a firearm.
- Must be able to pass a physical which includes a drug and background screen through the City of Youngsville’s appointed physicians
- Must be in good physical shape in order to complete police training
- Must be a registered voter
Procedures prior to beginning date of employment:
- Submit completed application, along with copies of any certifications, driver’s license, and voter registration card.
- If applying for reserve status, you will follow the same procedures as a full-time applicant.
- Applicant will be screened through prior employment history, criminal history, and DL check.
- Applicant will be contacted by either the Chief or the Assistant Chief, to set up and appointment for the interview, only in the event of an opening and you are selected as a candidate
- If accepted for employment, arrangements will be made for physical, drug screening and psychological test through Human Resource Department.
- Submit prior “Prior Service Certificate” if applicable.
- Prior to beginning date, applicant will be supplied with the Youngsville Police Department Drug Policy, and must see the Human Resource Department for signing of all appropriate paperwork.
- Then receive Policy Manual, equipment, etc., from either the Chief or Assistant Chief.
- Complete Property Sheet with the Captain of Patrol.
- Application will receive appropriate paperwork from the Human Resource Department to get sworn to duty and receive commission card before being turned over to his FTO (Field Training Officer).
APPLICANTS ARE GIVEN CAREFUL, FAIR AND EQUAL CONSIDERATION. IF IT DETERMINE THE CHIEF OF POLICE WISHES AN INTERVIEW, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED.
Download our employment application here: