Chief Rickey Boudreaux states that on February 8, 2015 in the late night hours officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Carmalite Circle in reference to a possible theft in progress.
Upon arrival the officer with the Youngsville Police Department observed two white males and a white female standing at the back of an enclosed trailer with a side by side ATV hanging out of the back, wedged in the overhead bracket of the trailer.
When the officer approached the suspects at the trailer, one of the white males fled the scene on foot. The other two suspects were taken into custody without incident. While continuing to investigate the circumstances of this incident, it was determined that the ATV wedged in the trailer had been reported stolen.
While taking the one white male at the scene into custody he was found to be in possession of a small amount of crystal methamphetamine. As officers continued their investigation, a second stolen side by side ATV was located with each being valued in excess of $12,000.00. The two suspects taken into custody are identified as Joshua Dwuane Ducharme and Tonia Marie Green, where both were found to have outstanding warrants.
Joshua Ducharme was booked into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- 2 counts Possession of Stolen Property
- 1 count Possession of Schedule II
- 1 count Failure to appear for fine payment
- 1 count Failure to appear for possession of schedule II
Tonia Green was booked into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- 1 Count Possession of Stolen Property
- 1 Count Failure to appear for unauthorized use of a motor Vehicle
- 1 Count failure to appear Possession of Schedule II
- 1 Count failure to appear Possession with intent to Distribute a legend drug without a Prescription
While continuing the investigation on February 9, Officers located a suspect which was found to have two open warrants for failure to appear. Officers located Robert A Domingue who was arrested, transported and booked for the above warrants.
This investigation is ongoing and the identity of another suspect is pending.